Why Should I Buy From Retroville Guitars?
Can’t I Save Money Buying from Overseas?
When you order items from the USA, assuming you are UK based:
- You’ll typically wait 2-3 weeks for delivery.
- When the items arrive in the UK, you will receive a notification from Customs / HMRC that you need to pay import fees before the products will be released to you. This fee is currently product purchase price + 3.2% import duty. VAT @ 20% is then applied to product price + 3.2% duty and shipping. E.g. £100 pickup + £10 shipping invites an additional £25.84 import duty & VAT before customs will release it to you.
- Converted Sterling costs shown on US based auction sites do not include commissions & fees meaning real costs are often higher.
- Buying from a trader outside of Europe means that you have less consumer rights. You can report a US trader to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the FTC may take action against the trader, but it won’t sort out your individual complaint. More info here on Consumer Rights
Suddenly that discounted pickup on a US based auction site doesn’t seem quite the bargain it was.
When you order items from Retroville Guitars:
- We cover the import duties and customs for you. Because we are an officially authorised TV Jones dealer, our volume ordering means that we can pass on savings to our clients.
- Typically most items are held in stock and can be delivered to you the next working day.
- We offer an exclusive like it or return it money back guarantee on TV Jones pickups in addition to your UK & European consumer rights. If you dont like it, returning to the UK is a lot less hassle.
- We are a UK registered company owned and run by real guitar obsessed people.
Please refer to our terms below.
Terms & Conditions of Ordering
Our Terms and Conditions comply with UK legislation and are designed to ensure that all our customers can buy with confidence from Crescent Digital Ltd. t/a Retroville Guitars. As such, any disputes shall be adjudicated according to the laws of England and Wales. We maintain that, by confirming your order, you unreservedly accept our conditions of sale.
Standard Returns Policy
If you have ordered from our website and you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, or change your mind, and notify us within 14 working days of delivery, we will offer you a choice of either exchange to another product or collection and refund of the goods. We reserve our right to recover the cost of collection, which would be deducted from the refund amount. Your product must be complete, unused and in ‘as new’ condition (e.g., if you have opened the packaging to examine the product you must have done so without damaging or marking the product in any way). It should be returned with the original packing and accessories. Buyers are responsible for any postage or courier charges. Product(s) will remain the responsibility of you until they are received by us, following which we will refund payment, provided always that the product(s) are received by us undamaged. If you would like to cancel the goods, please send an email to email@example.com. Goods returned/collected in unsatisfactory condition will be charged accordingly (up to the full invoice value).
Refunds on custom ordered goods ordered in error are offered entirely at our discretion and we reserve the right not to refund goods ordered in error. When you place an order we will then begin to prepare the items. In the event of cancellation of a custom/special order, Crescent Digital Ltd t/a Retroville Guitars will be entitled to recover any costs incurred. Goods ordered/returned in error are liable for a restocking charge of up to 20% and a supplementary collection fee. A per item handling charge is imposed on all collections within the same consignment.
Like It Or Return It Warranty
We offer an exclusive like it or return it money back guarantee on TV Jones pickups. We’re musicians ourselves and appreciate that trawling the forums, listening to sound samples or YouTube clips on your headphones is of no guarantee that your purchase is going to cut it when you try it. That’s why we offer our unique guarantee: buy our pickups, fit them, go out and play with your band or in your studio or bedroom and if you’re not 100% happy with the tone, return them for your money back.
Like It Or Return It Warranty Terms
- Like It Or Return It Warranty is restricted to TV Jones pickups.
- Items need to be returned and received by ourselves within 30 days of you (“the customer”) receiving them.
- Items need to be resellable and in a reasonable used condition.
- Items need to be unmodified and cables not cut too short where fitted.
- Items need to be complete with original packaging, fitment screws and accessories and instructions.
- Buyers are responsible for any postage or courier charges.
- Items(s) will remain the responsibility of you until they are received by us, following which we will refund payment, provided always that the product(s) are received by us undamaged.
- Refund will be issued within 7 days of receipt.
- Returns are subject to 20% restocking fee.
Crescent Digital Ltd t/a Retroville Guitars warrants to the purchaser that all parts are free of defects on materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase, which covers the cost of parts and labour for faulty manufacture.
It is your responsibility to check your consignment, and if any incorrect or damaged goods are supplied or items are missing, you must notify us within 24 hours of delivery and furthermore give notice in writing to the company within 7 working days after the date of delivery/collection. The goods may be returned for either refund in full, or replacement. Failure to do so will mean that the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered/collected undamaged and in accordance with the delivery documents. After this period, a charge for replacements may be made if required. Faulty goods must be returned and inspected before replacements are dispatched.
Your statutory rights as a consumer are not affected. Please note that we practice a policy of continual review and reserve the right to change the above terms and conditions at any time without notice. Errors and omissions accepted Retroville Guitars & Services Ltd Mar 2019.